The Dude Hates Cancer Bowling Tournament
Each campaign of The Dude Hates Cancer culminates in a laid back, Dude-like bowling tournament where teams “compete” against each other for top honors on the lanes. Three hours of bowling is the reward for a job well done on the fundraising trail and a fitting wrap-up to this “Big Lebowski”-themed event.
This is bowling, there are rules…
There are a few rules for this event. Here they are:
- Teams of 6 to 10 bowlers (minimum two girls per team must be bowling in each game).
- Each team has three hours to bowl at least two (2) games. If a team only finishes two (2) complete games during its allotted 3-hour time slot, then those two (2) games count towards the tournament. If a team finishes three games in its three hours, the two (2) highest cumulative scores are counted towards the tournament.
- For a game to count, it must be completed within the three-hour session. Teams will not be allowed to finish an active game once the three hours are up, no matter how close to finishing they may be.
- Whichever team totals the highest combined scores over two games wins the tournament.
- In the event of a tie, the winning team will be the team with the highest single game score (team, not individual).
- If still a tie, the winner will be the team with the highest individual game score (if still a tie after this point, then a coin flip will determine the winner).
- All standard bowling rules apply (i.e. toes must stay behind the line, no steroid use, etc.).
- Barring a machine malfunction of some sort, the computerized lane scoring will stand as the official score. Please ask a tournament official to verify your score after each round.
- In the event of an injury, substitution will be allowed (provided the sub isn’t a member of the PBA).
- No members of the PBA are allowed to participate.
For all the glory, tournament results and bowling awards will be presented at the official After Party, in these categories:
- 1st Place Bowling Team, gold medals
- 2nd Place Bowling Team, silver medals
- 3rd Place Bowling Team, bronze medals
- Top Male Bowler, trophy
- Top Female Bowler, trophy
- Worst Male Bowler, trophy
- Worst Female Bowler, trophy
- Best Team Spirit, trophy