I hope you’re ready to roll! Here’s a look at everything you need to know for tomorrow’s The Dude Hates Cancer!
The Check-In Process
We ask that you and your team arrive to South Bowl at or before 2:30pm, so that you can pick up team scoresheets and t-shirts, turn in any final donations, get your shoes, find a bowling ball, set your lineup, and maybe even get some practice in. Everything officially kicks off with opening remarks at 2:45pm. There will be a lot going on during check-in, so please be punctual!
Note: The beginning of the bowling session is the deadline for donations for your team for the fundraising competition. All donations, raffle ticket sales, etc., must be turned in by then in order to count towards your team’s total.
The Fundraising Raffle
Anyone who raises over $100 will have a chance to win prizes tomorrow! We have collected some wonderful prizes like restaurant gift certificates, cases of beer, etc., to encourage and reward your fundraising efforts. After your team has completed check-in, each team member can collect fundraising raffle tickets based on how much they individually raised. You will receive 1 ticket for every $100 raised. The more you fundraise, the more chances you will get to win a prize! See the prizes here.
The Silent Auction
As in previous years, we’ll have a huge silent auction with fantastic prizes, but this year we’ve gone digital! Anyone can go online and bid on prizes to win, whether or not they are in attendance at the event. All bidding will be done on your phones. We’ve collected some pretty great stuff, including amazing Caribbean vacation trips, brewery and distillery packages, one-of-a-kind collectibles, and much more! All prizes were donated. All proceeds will be going back to the cause. The website is live now and you can start bidding RIGHT NOW at bit.ly/dudeauction. The auction closes at 5:30pm on Saturday.
South Bowl Activities
We have a lot planned and there will be plenty to do for bowlers and non-bowlers alike. Encourage friends to visit!
- Opening remarks at 2:45pm. Honorary Hero, Matthew Hauser, will roll the first bowling ball!
- Drink specials: $6 White Russians, $4 Point Breeze beer, $3.50 Miller Lite drafts ***South Bowl will donate $1 back for each drink special ordered!***
- Free TATER TOT BAR for participants (you will find us near the tator tots)
- Above mentioned Silent Auction spread so you can check out all the prizes in person
- Official photographer, Cindi Landmesser, will be on site to take your team photo
- Merchandise table to purchase additional event t-shirts, vintage Dude wear, and other merchandise
- “Why I bowl” backdrop to leave your message and for photo opps
- Judging for the “Best Team Spirit” award will be happening while you bowl, so bring the energy!
- Lanes will be available for paid bowling for non-participants
- Raffle tickets for the Philly Restaurant Pass will be sold up until we draw the winner at the after party
Celebrate at the After Party
Be sure to join us for our annual Jackie Treehorn’s After Party to celebrate another campaign in the books! It will start after the tournament right upstairs at South Bowl, so once you finish bowling, just head on upstairs and be ready to party. 6:30pm-9:00pm. Check it out and RSVP here.
- Live sets from The Life in You and The Dudes Jam for Cancer
- Trophy and Award Presentations
- Winner of the Philly Restaurant Pass will be drawn
Last-Minute Last-Day Last-Final Fundraising Push
We are a ways from our $60,000 goal – we can make it! – but we won’t get there without your help. Please send out your fundraising page to as many people as possible over these last hours, and sell those Philly Restaurant Pass raffles! We are here to help you – just shoot us an email. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR EFFORTS!
Tomorrow, we roll!
We love you, we love you, we love you,
The Dude Committee